Ha Ha Ha, fair play Richard, I'd forgotten all about his blog. But considering I've published nothing of great significance thats not surprising.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Back to the slog.
Alas my month long holiday is coming to an end. It's back to work Monday for the long haul till Xmas. Oh what joy. It's pretty interesting to be able to send this from my phone, ain't technology grand?
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Back from Rome
Ah, back from Rome. As had a good old time, but it must be said that it's easy to get sick of eating out the whole time. Sometimes you just want to relax and chill. The sights were good, I was suitably impressed by the roman ruins. Very big, very imposing. Would I go back? Yes, but only for a few days. Then move on to Naples & Pompeii or something.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I came, I saw, I wibbled!
Off to Rome tomorrow, I plan to see the sights, pay the price & shoot the pope. Ha! Let's see how quick THAT gets me on a no-fly list.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Bow before the Kinkster...
Ah, Kinky Friedman. Awesome guy. Here he is on a Jewish telefon with Bob Dylan. The quality is terrible, really, but I think it adds to the sound of the song. Plus Bob just seems to be arsing around.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Swing low, motherfucker...
I'm not a huge fan of 80's era Stones, but I really dig this:
Even though Mick looks like a tool.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary (Sweden, 1967)
I just found this using Stumbleupon. Pretty cool, eh?
EDIT: Or it would be if the damned thing would show up properly.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
The Mellow Taste of Raw Failure.
Aha! You've come back! Perhaps. Although I know that no-one ever reads this shite, it pleases me to asume I've a vast audience of fans waiting on tenderhooks for the next slice of truth from my high-powered-dick-fingered-cock-bulge...sorry I lost track of where I was going with that one. Anyway I'm on holidays, while that usually entails spending 12 hours reading Digg articles & post on Something Awful; this time I've broken the cycle (& possilbly correct grammer with that misplaced ';'), I spent a great deal of time this week working on my house. Mainly because I actually want to move into the fucker sometime before the bomb drops. So a few months then so.
So tonight I am spending the evening drinking whiskey & perusing the infawub.
To my rather pleasent surprise an old friend asked me to join his facebook group. Which is nice. Though I'll be honest, I'm not up on this whole social networking thing. I find it rather a chore to maintain relationships with real people, never mind their futuristic internet avatars. But thats me, oh so wacky...
Anyway, enjoy this:
Monday, February 11, 2008
RIP Chief Brody
Alas Roy Schnider has died.
The man was awesome...see...
Plus he motherfuckin' killed Jaws...
Sunday, February 10, 2008
We're getting closer chums, closer to season four of BSG. All things going well it should start in march. How will it all end? Will they find Earth? Will Starbuck & Lee get it on? Will Roslin pop her clogs? Will Adama re-grow the mustasche of awesome? Will Tigh ever get a decent break? Who knows? But if the writers strike isn't sorted out its likely we'll get zero resolution to these excited and made up plot points.
Micheal Eisner says is all over. But is it? Is it really?
Musings & things to enjoy
Aha! Indeed. Anyway, whats new?
I saw Queens of the Stone Age!!! w00t!
Alas, I didn't take this video...I don't have a camera & was too busy enjoying it all to try & be Martin de Burgee (see what I did there?). Suffice to say the 'gig' 'was' 'excellent' - with the suffix that the support act was a bit lame. Poor sods, I think they got a vibe that we didn't give a shit about them as they looked decidedly pissed off as they tromped off stage. Fuck 'em. Oh just to pimp them slighty & restore karma to the universe they were called In Case of Fire.
Friday, January 18, 2008
I'm back, baby!
Aha! Back indeed. Inspired to use blogger again by this I have returned to undate every not-so-often & lament how I really should post more interesting stuff. C'est la Vie.
Anyway, heres some Boosh mother frakker...
Friday, October 13, 2006
I'm wanted on Skaro!
So I don't update as often as I'd like. Boo Hoo.
Its Voltaire performing 'Vampire Club' - its rather good, even though he forgets the words near the end & hits a mental block. Voltaire could be correctly described as 'cool'.
Oh and theres this:
The trailer for Grind House Rodriguez & Tarantinos new film. This trailer only shows clips from RR's part of the film Planet Terror & some clips of Machette Which is part of a series of trailers between the two films.
Oh and then there is this:
Friday, September 29, 2006
is brilliant. I love the chorus, its incredibly silly though. Nearly, but not quite, as silly (or as good) as this:
which is utterly fantastic.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Dead octogenarians & intrigue.
To the point! My Nan died! On my birthday of all days! Hey ho, it happens, we were sad. She had a good inning & it was quick & all that stuff.
Don't take my flippency as disrespect, more as emotional immaturity or retardation. Nah, I'm just not able to be serious & sad about some things.
So that entailed a sadly anticlimactic trip to the U of K. It did feature me being awake for 30+ hours after driving to Dublin in the middle of the night (its a miracle we all lived) & a quick hop over to Liverpool.
I got to do a little walking around Liverpool (& I bought a Goonies t-shirt), which hasn't really changed that much in the past 8 years. As I've told anyone who'd listen; the big picture is the same but the details have changed.
After the cremation we went to a rather cool ye olde pub(e?) for drinks & I enjoyed the delights they offered. Pubs in the UK can be starnge, in almost every pub here in Ireland you can get Heineken, Guinness, Stella, Carlsberg, Cider, Bud, etc... But in the UK there is a really limited lager menu, its mainly ales and bitters. Which isn't bad considering the price differences; but just oddifies me.
Aside from the above I've bought a veritable bushel of Doctor Who DVD's from PLAY.com, because its cheap & the postage is free.
Anyway, enjoy this:
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Not to get stuck in a rut...
While I don't want to use video clips as some kind of media based crutch for my blog, I do thik you should all watch this & remember when Mars bars were 25p & summers lasted a lifetime. Plus the animation is fantastic for a title sequence. On a side note is there anyone alive who didn't want to do dirty things to Cheetara?
Sunday, July 30, 2006
The Tits of a Goose!
Today I got punched in the face by a drunk while at work. Oh the joys of it all, eh?
But in other news all is well. I suggest you click here to see a sneak peek of the new Hellboy cartoon thats being made. I think it looks rather good, but not as good as this, which is also by Mike Mignola & features the voice(s) of David Hyde-Pierce & Paul Giamatti.
Speaking of Paul Giamatti, he is also doing the voice of a (rather gay) Dr. Satan in this, which should be a hoot.
In other random media news this is interesting. Get over the fact that its 40 minutes of a beardy bloke waffling on & wait for the cool photo software he shows off. Basically he crossed a system he developed for viewing large images quickly & easily with a program that can render photos of a place into a 3D slideshow. Very cool & very future-y.
Apart from that all is cool. I saw A Scanner Darkly recently (how you ask? - *cough* *cough*) and must admit that it is rather good, in a follows the book rather well & doesn't suck kind of way. The rotorscoping makes it though. I honestly don't think it'd be half as good without it. Perhaps the DVD will give us the option. Only Cthulhu knows that & he ain't telling.
At the moment I'm reading The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins, its about Dawinism & evolution. Its rather good. I believe it had a moving effect on old Douglas Adams. Plus, on a strangely interesting note, Dawkins is married to Lalla Ward, who in addition to playing Time Lady Romana in Doctor Who; was also married, albeit briefly, to Tom Baker.
Speaking of Tom Baker you should all go here. Check out Common People.
Toodles for now.
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Read this you'll laugh, cry & spooge.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Dee Dee Doo...
I get so much spam in my mail box I could open a factory. Perhaps its time to start a new e-mail address. Perhaps.
Anyhoo I suggest you all watch this:
Its an Arena feature on Philip K. Dick. Probably one of the greatest sci-fi authors of all time. And he's rather good to boot!
Friday, July 07, 2006
Oh & why not...
I am usually referred to as the Master...Universally.
Aha...I'm back. Back to blog. Blog Blog Blog. Perhaps its best I leave this blog, after al its been all of nearly 10 months since my last post. Even the spam robots & other crap merchants have stopped dropping by. Perhaps CPR won't work & its tme to call the time of death. Naaah...its all too whimsy & lets face it; I can't be bothered setting-up a new page. My HTML madskilz have long since faded & I'm now offically a techno-phobe. That is I have a fear of techno-music. See what I did there? Thats a joke. You can expect all kinds of zany hoo-haa from now on.
I won't go into a recap of whats happened since my last post, thats the kind of crap that stopped me posting here. From now on I think I'll just post whatever shit comes to mind - instead of trying to structure a picture of my life. I'm not that interesting & I fear that if you see too much behind the curtain it'll spoil the magic.
I may as well warn you now to abandon all hope of proper grammer & shit like that.
Oh, by the way do you like my new avatar? I think it looks suitably contemptful. Its the Master, from Doctor Who.
Speaking of which. Enjoy the Mind Mesmeriser!
Friday, September 16, 2005
Bebe its a meme
Stolen from Stephen, muahahahahahahaha...
1) Last song you heard: I think it was something by the Boards of Canada
2) Last CD you bought: Ramones 'Alive' (excellent) and Kraftwerk's 'The Man-Machine' (crap)
3) Last band you saw live: Marky Ramone and Anti-product in Dublin last month.
4) Fave local band: Don't have one, most of the local bands around here play shite emo-whiney-toss-spunk-music.
5) Fave local band venue: The Quays, only because its vaguely enjoyable there.
6) Fave live gig of all time: Bit of a toss up between Marky Ramone and Electric Six.
7) If you could have 2 groups/artists work together on a song who would you choose? Tom Waits and Rob Zombie - it'd be just....strange.
8) Greatest musician that is dead: George Harrison, not as up his own arse as Lennon. Besides he wrote 'Here Comes the Sun' nuff said.
9) Fave band currently: The Ramones, they're like a dose of the clap that just won't leave my boppy bits...or something.
10) Band you wish would reform: Possibly Astro-Creep era White Zombie, just so they could keep the sound. Failing that then the Beatles, but that'd involve voodoo and possibly hard work.
11) Fave line of a song: 'Jesus lived his life in a cheap hotel on the edge of route 66, yeah!' - from Supercharger Heaven by White Zombie. Or, 'Gotta pay your dues if you want to sing the blues' - from It Don't Come Easy by Ringo Starr
12) Band you wish would split: Brittney Spears, down the middle, spilling her spawn of Satan on the street.
13) Fave music video: I've a soft spot for the Dragula video by Rob Zombie. But other than that I'd say Johnny Cash's 'Hurt' vid.
14) CD you'll never sell: Astro-Creep 2000 by White Zombie. Its too much a part of who i am.
15) Group people wouldn't imagine you listening to: Blondie, Scissor Sisters or Air. Those that know me less may be suprised by Johnny Cash or the Bee Gees.
16) What song makes you horny: Anything by Kiss when they were good, or anything thats up-beat and sexy. Electric Six or Monster Magnet for example.
17) Good rainy day cd: Ramones Anthology, almost all the best songs in two easily reachable cds.
18) Good i hate the world cd: Astro-Creep 2000, its a power-stomping fuck you!
19) Good i'm happy cd: Electric Six's Fire or some Terrorvision.
20) Good i'm down cd: Anything by Tom Waits, more specifically Rain Dogs
21) Good seduction music: I doubt anything in my CD collection could seduce a sane female...but at a push perhaps some Bowie, Beatles, Tom Waits mix combo.
22) Song that always gets stuck in your head: Rock & Roll Highschool, the Ramones. My internal cdplayer is often stuck on repeat.
23) Song you use to annoy people: Star Trek'in by the Firm. You can make many a person cringe with that one. Personally I love it.
24) First music you remember ever buying: Funnily enough the soundtrack to the Turtles movie. On tape. From Woolworths. T.U.R.T.L.E POWER!
25) What group did you listen to a lot at 14? Pantera and Metallica, so far so boring.
26) What group did you listen to a lot at 15? Pantera and Metallica, with splashes of Korn.
27) And at 19? NIN, White Zombie, Manson, Type O Negative, standard Heavy Metal staples.
28) And at 24? William Shatner, Tom Waits, Ramones, Electric Six, Daft Punk, oh how things change. Still, I'm partial to some pure rock from time to time.