Friday, February 25, 2005

The Word

Yo pimps, superfly and otherwise. Regular visitors may have noticed that I deleted that picture of Morpheus. Basically when I posted it I was using Firefox and it looked good. Then after my computer died a slow and painfull death (more on this later) I was forced to use Internet Explorer in yon Internet shoppes and I noticed that the formating was seriously wonky and was putting the picture way down the page. Ho hum. So since I no longer have the luxury time to go buggering about with it I decided to cast it away into the electronic ether. Fear not, though, I'll post it again when all is well and good.

So yes, well, stuff and such happened. Basically my laptop hard drive failed in a spectacular manner and now Im rendered internetless at home. I now find my self watching TV and generally being miserable. I've been in contact with the manufacturers to try and sort it out, but my 12 month warranty is up so I don't hold out much hope of a free solution. Money will have to be spent.

Ah well, it merely speeds up my plans to get a proper desktop system. I've already applied for the loan, so all being good I should have a spanking new pc in a couple of weeks. Oh, and it will be Gods own pc. We're talking Skynet-esq.

So what else is new? Well aside from the above I've been doing nightshifts at work which has messed up my body clock and left me fatigued. I'm actually suprised I'm typing anything at all really.

I tracked down and purchased the wonderful autiobiography of Tom 'Greatest Doctor Who Ever' Baker. Its a joy to read, as anyone familar with his book 'The Boy Who Kicked Pigs' would expect. Interestingly enough I didn't know Tommy was from Liverpool (my 'real' home incidently).

Also on my reading list is Phillip K. Dicks excellent 'The Man in the High Tower' - the story of which revolves around the idea that the Nazis and Japanese won WW2. Scary stuff indeed.


I think thats about it really. I suggest anyone reading this checks out Superflywebpimp's 'The Paragraph Novels' the link of which is to the left of the screen. By the way Superfly, Stephens getting a little freaked out since he hasn't a clue who you are. Not that I do either but thats life.

Toodles for now. Recycle your children!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kind words about "the paragraph novels" shall not go unrewarded. for in the next world, you shall be given seven magic camels.

p.s. please tell stephen to keep the cd.

superflywebpimp, author, genius, lover

3:31 AM  
Blogger Stephen McMullin said...

Well now, a nice long bit of blogging from you this time. Really sucks about yer laptop, although the bright side is a shiny new world dominating super computer, so that's not too bad! But remember, don't put linux on it! Satan's own operating system and eater of Windows...

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home